Last Updated 2/1/09
This website is owned and operated by Saint Leo University. We at Saint Leo University, Inc. (referred to as "Saint Leo University", "we", "us", or "our") recognize the importance of protecting the privacy of certain information ("information") collected about our customers and prospective customers (referred to as "customers", "you", "visitors" or "your"). This privacy statement, effective February 1, 2009 discloses the privacy practices our collection, use, and disclosure of information.
What Information Do We Collect and Why?
Anonymous User Information
We collect anonymous information about all of our website visitors each time they visit our website so that we can understand how people are using the website and so that we can improve upon the overall quality of our visitors' online experience. We record the date and time of your visit, the page you visited, your IP address, the Internet service provider you are using, referral data, the type of browser you are using and the type of operating system you are using. You do not have to register with us before we can collect this anonymous information. We do not collect any unique information about you (such as your name, e-mail address, etc.) except when you specifically and knowingly provide such information. We do not require you to share information that identifies you personally, such as your name or email address in order for you to use our website. We analyze information we collect about our visitors to examine trends, administer the site, track our visitors' paths through the website.
Use of Internet Protocol ("IP") Addresses
An IP address is a unique number that is automatically assigned to your computer whenever you are connected to the Internet. Technically speaking, your IP address could be used to reveal or be associated with your true identity, however, by law we do not have access to that information.
With Whom Do We Share Information and What Do We Share?
Personally Identifiable Information
In addition to the information automatically collected by your browser, we also collect information that you provide to us when you request information about a particular school, educational program or product. Our websites provide users the opportunity to request information from schools and companies, and to learn about various opportunities. These information request sites require users to provide us with contact information (name, address, phone number, email address, gender, age, work experience, etc.) as well as information specific to the program or product. We collect this information that you provide, and may use it to make your future requests from our websites easier by pre-populating contact forms with the information that you have provided. Information you provide to us is used for marketing purposes, and may result in follow-up communications from one of our partners or clients.
Aggregated General Information
We may share aggregated general information about our site with our corporate partners or others. Examples of this include the number of users who searched for "Classic Cars", the daily number of unique visitors, how many users clicked on a particular advertisement and how many users were using a certain Internet service provider. Aggregated data does not contain any personally identifiable information that could be used to contact or identify you. We may only share personally identifying information to other companies or individuals in the following circumstances:
Information about our customers is an important part of our business, and we are not in the business of selling personally identifiable information to unaffiliated third parties for their commercial use. We share personally identifiable customer information with unaffiliated third parties only as described herein.
- Businesses We Do Not Control: At times, we may provide products and services on our Web site in cooperation with an unaffiliated third party. You can tell when a third party is involved in your transactions, and we share customer information related to those transactions with that third party.
- Agents: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mail, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links (including paid listings and links), processing credit card payments and providing customer service. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
- Promotional Offers: Sometimes we send offers to selected groups of customers on behalf of other businesses. When we do this, we do not give that business your name and address.
- Protection of Our Web site and Others: We reserve the right to release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions of Site Use and other agreements, or protect the rights, property or safety of this company, our users or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction. Obviously, however, this does not include selling, renting, sharing or otherwise disclosing personally identifiable information from customers for commercial purposes in violation of the commitments set forth in this Privacy Notice.
- With Your Consent: Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when information about you might go to third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
We may on occasion combine information we receive online with outside records to enhance our ability to market to you those products and services that may be of interest to you. If you have signed up to receive our e-mails and prefer not to receive marketing information from this Web site, please follow the "unsubscribe" instructions provided on any marketing e-mail you receive from this Web site.
We take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of data. We restrict access to your personally identifying information to employees who need to know that information in order to operate, develop or improve our services. Credit card data and passwords are stored in encrypted format for increased security. Our servers are protected by firewalls and are physically located in secure data facilities to further increase security. While no computer is 100% safe from outside attacks, we believe that the steps we have taken to protect your personal information dramatically reduce the likelihood security problems to a level appropriate to the type of data involved.
Additional Notices and Disclosures
Third Party Information Gathering
If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence and we may collect your email address.
This site is not intended for children. Children may only use this site with direct supervision of a parent or legal guardian. We do not knowingly request or collect personally identifiable information online or offline contact information from users under 13 years old nor do not knowingly use or share personal information from users under 13 years old with third parties.
Sale of Assets
In the event that another company acquires all or substantially all of the assets related to the business of We, we reserve the right to include any or all stored personal information among the assets transferred to the acquiring company.
By using this website, you acknowledge your agreement to Saint Leo University and/or its affiliates. If you do not agree with the terms, do not use the website.
Questions and Comments
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, the practices of this site, or your dealings with this Web site, you can contact the webmaster or send mail to the following postal address:
33701 State Road 52
PO Box 6665
Saint Leo, FL 33574-6665