Active Military & Veterans
Saint Leo offers military-friendly admissions just for those who serve. Learn more about the steps you need to take to begin your undergraduate studies.
Saint Leo University admissions are rolling, so you can enroll at any time and begin your studies during one of our six convenient start dates throughout the year.
Admission is a simple, straightforward process. In order to become a degree-seeking student in one of our online undergraduate programs, you will need to complete the following steps.
To apply for enrollment in one of Saint Leo University's online associate's or bachelor's programs:
- Fill out the online application.
- Submit the one-time $45 nonrefundable application fee.
- Submit proof of high school graduation. If you have not attended another regionally accredited college or university, you must submit proof of high school graduation. This can take the form of:
- An official secondary school transcript
- An official GED score report
- Submit official academic transcripts. Provide a chronological list of all colleges and universities you have attended, even if you did not complete a full academic term. You must submit a Transcript Release Form for each regionally accredited college or university you attended or in which you were enrolled.
- Submit official scores for the following standardized examinations, if applicable: Advanced Placement (AP), College-Level Examination Program (CLEP), Defense Activity for Nontraditional Education Support (DANTES), Excelsior College Exams (ECE), USAFI, Regents Examinations, other applicable examinations.
- Submit professional training documentation for possible academic credit. Provide documentation if you are a graduate of a nursing training program (include license), or a police officer who has completed training with the FBI National Academy, police institute and/or certified polygraph schools. Verification of training/service is obligatory in order to obtain academic credit for your training. All non-traditional sources of credit have specific limits.
Send all these materials directly to Saint Leo University at:
Saint Leo University
1120 E. Kennedy Boulevard
Tampa, FL 33602
Once all of a student's documents have been received, you can expect official notification of our admission decision within 30 business days. If you do not qualify for admission by meeting the usual requirements, but show promise of academic success, Saint Leo University may grant conditional admission.
Begin the Financial Aid Process
Saint Leo works closely with students to make your online education affordable. If you plan to use financial aid, begin the process today to determine your eligibility. Visit this page to get started on your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), and find information on grants, loans and scholarships.
Once You're Accepted
After you accept Saint Leo University's offer of admission, you will receive instructions on how to:
- Sign up for courses.
- Complete the Starting Point series. Starting Point is a series of online self-paced tutorials which will guide you through everything you need to know to participate in an online classroom. You will have the opportunity to become acquainted with University resources such as the online library, how to receive textbooks, the online environment and so much more!
- Take assessment exams, so we can gauge your skill level before you begin your core English and math classes.