M.S.W. Advanced Clinical Practice
Saint Leo University MSW Advanced Clinical Practice programs starts in Fall and application deadline is March 30th.
You should use the following process if you are applying to the >M.S.W. with Advanced Clinical Practice Concentration. This degree is available as either a two-year full-time program or a three-year part-time program.
We base our admission decisions on consideration of several criteria, including motivation, maturity, work experience, and leadership qualities that are carefully considered, along with academic records and test scores. Each applicant is evaluated individually.
Admission to Saint Leo University is a simple, straightforward process. In order to become a degree-seeking student in one of our online graduate education programs, you will need to complete the following steps.
The Master of Social Work program offers residents physically living in the states of Florida, Georgia, and Virginia an innovative full-time online program.
Assessment of Student Learning Outcomes 2012
Please CLICK HERE to view.
To apply for enrollment in Saint Leo University's M.S.W. program with an Advanced Clinical Practice Concentration:
- You must hold an undergraduate degree from an accredited institution with a broad liberal arts preparation and at least 21 semester hours in social and behavioral sciences and 6 credits in each of the following: the natural sciences, the humanities and visual and performing arts, and quantitative reasoning. A course in statistics is also required. You must have this course completed by June 30th.
- Fill out the online application.
- Submit a one-time $80 nonrefundable application fee.
- Submit a current resume
- Submit three recommendations completed on forms you can download here. Recommendations should include at least one academic source and one professional source, and an additional source of either type.
- Submit a personal statement of 3-5 double spaced, typed pages addressing the following four questions:
- What are your specific professional goals? How would the Saint Leo University Master of Social Work Program, with its emphasis on advanced clinical practice, help you to achieve your goals?
- Please describe how you will complete the normal daytime work hours for internships.
- What particular personal strengths do you bring to the social work profession? What limitations do you perceive you have? How have both been demonstrated?
- What other personal or professional experiences or qualities do you see as aiding you in your goals?
- Submit a Transcript Release Form for each regionally accredited college or university you attended or in which you were enrolled, even if you did not complete a full academic term. Submit your Transcript Release Form(s) directly to the Office of Graduate Admission. Graduates or former students of Saint Leo University do not need to submit transcripts if they have been previously submitted and are on file. Those who are in process of completing their undergraduate degree must complete all classes by June 30th. Download the Graduate Transcript Release Form.
- If applicable, submit GRE or MAT scores. You do not need to submit these scores if you earned a 3.0 or higher cumulative GPA while obtaining your bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution. But if you did not, you must submit an official Graduate Record Examination (GRE) with a minimum score of 1000 (or its equivalent) or a Miller Analogies Test (MAT) with a minimum score of 410 (or 68th percentile). Test scores more than five years old are usually not accepted.
- Complete and submit both the cohort registration form and the verification form.
- Complete a criminal background check. While past convictions do not necessarily preclude admission to the M.S.W. Program, they may affect availability of practicum placements and future employability. If you have ever been convicted of a felony or any crime that involved harm or the threat of harm to another person, please describe the circumstances that led to the court action, the year of conviction, and an explanation of your plans to cope with potential limitations on your practice of social work once you graduate from the M.S.W. program. Students are responsible for updating the M.S.W. Program on any convictions and/or criminal charges after they are admitted to the program. Students with felony convictions might not be eligible for licensure as an LCSW in the State of Florida.
- Participate in a personal interview and/or provide additional information as requested by the program's admission committee.
Saint Leo University
P.O. Box 6665
Saint Leo, Florida 33574-6665
Once all of a student's documents have been received, you can expect official notification of our admission decision within 30 business days.