Saint Leo University admissions are rolling, which means you can enroll at any time and begin your studies during one of our convenient start dates throughout the year.
Follow the application process described below for these education programs:
- M.Ed. with Educational Leadership Concentration
- M.Ed. with Exceptional Student Education Concentration
- M.Ed. with Reading Concentration
- M.Ed. with Instructional Leadership Concentration
- Ed.S. with Educational Leadership
We base our admission decisions on consideration of several criteria, including motivation, maturity, work experience, and leadership qualities that are carefully considered, along with academic records and test scores. Each applicant is evaluated individually.
Admission to Saint Leo University is a simple, straightforward process. In order to become a degree-seeking student in one of our online graduate education programs, you will need to complete the following steps.
To apply for enrollment in one of Saint Leo University's online Graduate Education programs:
- Fill out the online application.
- Submit the one-time $80 nonrefundable application fee.
- Submit a current resume.
- Submit two professional recommendations completed on forms you can download here.
- Submit a written statement of 250 words or more that outlines how your educational and career goals match Saint Leo University's program.
- Copy of the applicant’s valid professional teaching certificate is required for the M.Ed. in Educational Leadership concentration and the M.Ed. in Reading concentration. The requirement may be waived for our other graduate education programs. Additionally, the M.Ed. in Educational Leadership concentration program requires applicant’s to secure a Florida certified principal or Florida certified assistant principal holding educational leadership certification in Florida who is considered highly qualified by their districts to serve as mentor during their program of study, having the individual complete a mentor agreement form.
- Submit a Transcript Release Form for each regionally accredited college or university you attended or in which you were enrolled, even if you did not complete a full academic term. Submit your Transcript Release Form(s) directly to the Office of Graduate Admission. Graduates or former students of Saint Leo University do not need to submit transcripts if they have been previously submitted and are on file.
- If applicable, submit GRE or MAT scores. You do not need to submit these scores if you earned a 3.0 or higher GPA in your last 60 credit hours of upper division work that led to a bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution. But if you did not, you must submit an official Graduate Record Examination (GRE) with a minimum score of 1000 (or its equivalent) or a Miller Analogies Test (MAT) with a minimum score of 410 (or 68th percentile). Test scores more than five years old are usually not accepted.
Send all these materials, at least 60 days before the beginning of the term in which you wish to enroll, directly to Saint Leo University at:
Saint Leo University
P.O. Box 6665 | MC2248
Saint Leo, Florida 33574-6665
Once all of a student's documents have been received, you can expect official notification of our admission decision within 30 business days. After the application has been processed, the Director of Graduate Admission may contact you for a personal interview.